Strawberries one of the first to ripen in the garden plots. Garden varieties are often confused with strawberries, because the appearance of the berries are not much different.. This article provides an overview and description of the best, given their characteristics, varieties of strawberries.
The best varieties of small-fruited and large-fruited remontant strawberries
Based on the new discoveries of breeders, the following types of remontant berries can be distinguished:
Small-fruited strawberries are considered especially valuable for novice gardeners.. Despite its small size, the berries are very tasty and fragrant. Propagate and grow it easily. Does not require special care. It is ideal for "summer residents of the day off." There are several different colors of different color with a difference in terms of fruiting.
- red fruit - Alexandria, Baron Salemacher, Ruyan,
- whitefruit - Yellow miracle (bezusaya), Zolotinka.
Small berries begin to ripen in June. A lot of berries up to 5 grams. Planted strawberries white and red color can be close to one bed. As for the comparative characteristics, in contrast to the red, white-bearing species are more drought-resistant.
Large-fruited remontant culture appeared on the household plots relatively recently. Grow it more often gardeners with experience. Unlike small-fruited, continuously blooms and bears fruit until September. Large berries have a marketable appearance, so they are in demand in the markets. We mainly spread berries of domestic and foreign selection:
- Red rich
- Pake Rova.
Most modern large-fruited strawberry hybrids are genetically programmed to intensively bear as a one-year crop. The mass of berries reaches 20-30 grams . When transporting almost not damaged. Gardeners note the resistance of large varieties to diseases and pests. The taste of strawberries juicy, sweet, inferior in flavor to small-fruited.
Best early ripe varieties
Due to the excellent adaptability, early-ripe species are grown in all regions. For better fruiting, it is recommended to plant zoned varieties depending on climatic conditions.. Early strawberries are the most expensive berries on the market; therefore, gardeners are showing interest in breeding them for sale. Most sought after species: Alba, Kristina, Honey, Clery, Kimberley, Anthea, Kent, Maya.
Disease resistant, rich strawberry. Berry weight reaches 25 grams . Gardeners celebrate a long collection period starting in June.
It is highly transportable and different from other varieties. high sugar content.
Strawberries American breeders Honey - has the advantages of early ripening. Berries begin to bear fruit in May.
Italian variety Clery - popular among gardeners as low temperature resistant look.
Early variety of strawberries Kimberly draws its caramel flavor, the same shape and glossy surface.
The elongated, conical shape strawberries of Anthea are not afraid of a hot summer. Differ in dark red color. Ripen after Clery. Recommended as an early crop for cultivation in farms and personal plots.
Best late ripening varieties
Breeders work tirelessly to extend the strawberry period. The demand for late ripening species is justified by the extension of the consumption of fresh berries until late autumn. Breeding on the site of berries of different ripening periods contributes to the year-round production of strawberries. Particularly valuable are late-ripening strawberries with high yields.: Zenga Zengana, Cinderella, Talisman, Mitsa Schindler, Troubadour, Red Gontlet.
Late ripening strawberry Zenga Zengana has compact and productive bushes. Berries weighing up to 20 grams, ripening, acquire a dark cherry hue.
Large-fruited late variety Cinderella has a strong root system and tall bushes. Large berries of this type are famous for their pleasant dessert taste.
Winter-hardy, with good yield, look. 2 years without transplant.
Miza Schindler's low-growing bushes of strawberries give small, dark-red fruits. Small berries emit excellent tastes against the background of large fruits.. They are often compared to wild berries.
The variety Bred in the UK Troubadour is abundant in fruits of medium-sized berries. Each weighs about 7 grams . The taste of strawberries juicy, moderately acidic.
The best varieties of strawberry for the middle band and the Urals
Garden strawberries have been cultivated for more than two centuries, during which time thousands of different varieties have been bred by the efforts of breeders. Each species has its own characteristics and characteristics. Not every variety will feel comfortable in an area with an unsuitable climate. From the varieties presented on this page, you can choose the most suitable for the region of culture. Suitable strawberry varieties for the regions of the central belt and the Urals: Sudarushka, Vima Zanta, Elsanta, Roxana, Pandora.
Egg-shaped berries with a pleasant aroma Sudarushka - belong to the early ripe cultures. The variety is considered one of the most productive for the middle band.
Wima Zanta - ripen at the end of May. It has excellent transportability.
Leading positions for this region occupies the Dutch hybrid Elsanta.
Among the later types of gardeners distinguish Roxana, it can also be grown in greenhouses.
Strawberry Pandora different late ripening and large berries.
Promising new strawberry varieties
Each gardener seeks to obtain a rich harvest of strawberries. A good help to this will be the choice in favor of promising varieties of strawberries. Each of the species in the list is different in its own way.:
Combine promising types of strawberries: high yield per season, earlier ripening, suitability for transportation. Elizabeth II - Strawberry of continuous fruiting, gives a stable harvest until October. Gigantella - Dutch culture with large up to 100 grams fruits. Albion - begins to bear fruit a year after planting. Differs in excellent tastes with the attracting strawberry aroma. Strawberry Albion can multiply by dividing the bush, mustache or seed.
The best early varieties of strawberries for the Moscow region
The climate of the Moscow region is favorable enough to grow any varieties of strawberries. Thanks to the merits of breeders a decent amount of remontant varieties, each of which is suited to the special conditions of climate and soil. Gardeners and gardeners successfully cultivate here domestic and foreign types of strawberries. The most common are:
- Gigantella Maxim
- Cambridge Favorite
- Evi 2
Darselect - It is famous for its fruits of impressive size and extraordinary taste with strawberry flavor. Strawberry Gigantella Maxim - the queen on the plot. The shelf is meritorious - Dutch breeders. Differs from other types of unpretentiousness, berries are medium, bright red. Cambridge Favorite - created by breeding as a high-yielding variety of garden strawberries. Evi 2 - has compact slightly deciduous bushes. The species is suitable for home cultivation and commercial landings in the Moscow region and other regions with a temperate climate.
Varieties of strawberries and strawberries are selected according to the criteria of planting important for gardeners - yield and early ripening. The success of breeding berries depends on how the varieties are chosen correctly.. A noteworthy conclusion will be the reviews of farmers who have to grow a popular crop for the purpose of commerce. Do not be afraid of experiments, you can always find alternative varieties for each region. Let every season you are pleased with the generous harvest beds!
Adding an article to a new collection
We offer you a list of 10 proven varieties of garden strawberries that will not disappoint you.
A good strawberry (garden strawberry) should produce a stable crop, delight with fragrant fruits with excellent taste and not be afraid of pests and diseases. A selection of just such varieties we made. Take note!
What strawberries to choose
All varieties of strawberries are good in their own way. When planting and care, they do not require much time and financial investments.
- It is better to plant several varieties on the beds at once, as well as not only strawberries (or garden strawberries, as it is called in science), but also strawberries — hybrid varieties bred from nutmeg strawberries and garden strawberries.
- It will also be great to combine with the main varieties of small-fruited strawberries (for example, Alexandria), which is a relative of forest strawberries. The plant is very undemanding and often bears fruit a second time.
- You can plant for variety white strawberries - remontantnuyu, with repeated fruiting.
Since the varieties are divided into early-ripening, mid-ripening and late-ripening, as well as remontant, fructifying several times during the summer season, it is worthwhile to plant each variety with several bushes at least. Then you will provide yourself with tasty berries for the whole summer, and remontant varieties will produce a crop until October.
Size of berries
When the seedling is of high quality, then at the first harvest the plant produces rather large berries. One fruit can weigh about 50 - 60 grams.
Good varieties are famous for fairly dense berries. They are less exposed to various diseases and fungal infections. And also, if you have a big crop, and you grow berries for sale, then this indicator is very important. Dense berries are easier to transport.
Taste and aroma
Truly high-quality berries surely present themselves as a wonderful aroma. The taste of real strawberries can not be confused with anything, and sour and watery, as well as tasteless berries indicate poor quality seedlings.
All of these criteria in the amount will give a full description of a particular variety. It is very important to monitor the tendency of the plant to disease and infection, as well as to the composition of the soil and weather conditions. When buying a variety should take into account all the features.
- Early ripe strawberry variety, one of the best species. Bred by Dutch breeders.
- The harvest of this variety is very decent. The berries are large, beautiful, the weight of one to 40 grams. Ripen in the second half of May and to the middle of June.
- The flesh of the fruit is juicy, the taste is sweet, the aroma is thin. It is possible to collect from one bush from 600 gr to 800 gr.
- It is recommended to grow only for personal consumption, as the berry does not tolerate transportation very well.
- The mustache of this variety of strawberries should be cut, because the berries will begin to ripen with a smaller size over time.
This name is given to this variety by right - the fruits can reach from 60 to 125 grams.
- Berry pulp is very juicy, despite the large size.
- The taste of strawberries in this variety has an original taste: a sweet berry with a slight pineapple note.
- These berries are very well transported, so they can be grown not only for themselves, but also for sale.
- The harvest ripens in June. from one bush you can get from one to three kilograms of strawberries.
- Darenka - strawberries, one of the early varieties, which grows in the greenhouse. It has the shape of fruits - in the form of a cone, the flesh is dark red, dense. The harvest of this variety is the best.
- Alba - will be bigger, the shape of the fruit is also in the form of a cone, the fruit is bright red. Not afraid of pests and disease resistance. "Alba" - great for transportation.
- Variety Octave bred from Ukraine. Harvest time - the end of May. The yield of this variety is great. The mass of berries that are sown first is about 40 grams, the rest is 12 grams. The berries are juicy, durable, the flesh is dense, dark red in color, and the aroma will fill your home instantly.
- Clery - this variety, which is bred by breeders from Italy, is well transported over long distances. The leaves on the bushes grow dark green, and the bush itself is tall and dense. The berry resembles an oval, the color is dark cherry.
- Roseanna - this variety is also bred in Ukraine. The bush has an average height. Inflorescences are flush with the leaves. The shape of the strawberry fruit is similar to a drop, or they are conical. It is red in color, sour-sweet. The maximum yield, the berries are ripened almost simultaneously.
- Kama. And, here it is already a Polish grade. The berries are ordinary, have a classic shape, endowed with a persistent aroma and taste very much like strawberries. The color of the berries is dark. Sort "Kama" has a small secret: unripe fruit - this is the usual strawberry with a sweet and sour flavor. But the berries that are fully ripe, smell of strawberries and taste very much like her.
- Kokinsky dawn has a markedly high yield, the fruit ripens very early, perfectly tolerates frost. Its main characteristics include: huge juicy berries of dark red color, leaves on the bushes are dark green, rounded conical shape. Strawberry thick. It keeps its shape when transporting long distances.
- Stolichnaya. It is great for planting in regions where there is insufficient moisture. Variety of berries "Stolichnaya" rarely exposed to disease. Sweet strawberries with a deep aroma, in shape closer to the oval. The fruits are huge.
- Honey is an American guest. It has quite a few rather big fruits, the weight of a strawberry is 45 grams. The color of the berries varies between bright red and dark red. Honey is the leader in sales.
The best varieties of strawberry ripening:
- Webenil. English variety. Its bushes are tall with bright red fruits with a sharp tip. Grade "Webenil" endowed with high resistance to transportation. The crops are large, and the appearance to the last berry is preserved.
- Masha. Homeland is considered to be Moscow. The variety "Masha" is endowed with high yields, rarely exposed to diseases. The leaves on the bushes are large with thick peduncles. One strawberry weighs an average of 120 grams. They taste sour-sweet, with a taste of strawberries, fragrant.
- Rusich. The taste of berries is sweet and sour. It belongs to frost-resistant varieties and tolerates drought quite easily.
- Symphony. Homeland of this variety is Scotland. Strawberry fruits are large, conical in shape, and have impeccable taste. "Symphony" is rarely exposed to gray rot. Great for giving, since the fruits ripen in almost a week.
- Chosen One. Strawberries start to sing from the tip and gradually reach the top of the fruit.
- Chamora Turusi is a very juicy and sweet variety. With regular watering, she will give birth for quite a long time. Bushes are planted at a distance of 60 cm from each other.
- Retired Chelsea. Homeland - England. It is considered the best variety of strawberries, its fruits are very juicy and tasty. In the first year after planting, the harvest is small. Great on the road.
- Vicoda is a late Dutch variety. The strawberries themselves are delicious and juicy. They are quite huge, have a dark red color. Resistant to white mold, and almost never stains on the leaves.
- Queen Elizabeth-2 is a type of strawberry, which is not afraid of disease and various pests. High-yielding, berries are dense and sweet, the shape is truncated-cone-shaped.
Remontny varieties of strawberries today occupy the first place, because they bear fruit twice a year. This type is suitable for growth on small plots of land, it is sometimes planted in boxes. The advantages include high yields and large fruits.
The most famous varieties of strawberry remontant are:
- Ada Harvests of this variety are beginning to be harvested when the usual mid-season strawberries are sown, the second - already in August, and before frost. The shape of the berries is slightly elongated, bright red. With 1 hundred square meters of “Ada” you can collect about 130 kg.
- "Dawn" is considered an early variety. The bush is quite tall. Slightly sour taste, bright red. This variety tolerates cold, and requires additional watering.
- The variety of strawberries "Festival", with the right approach to the cultivation of crops, will bring high yields. The fruits of the "Festival" strawberries are large and sweet.
- Queen Elizabeth. This is one of the sweetest varieties with large fruits. The advantages of this variety are high yields, resistance of berries to frost, easily tolerates the disease. The downside of the Queen Elizabeth variety is that she rarely grows a mustache, and has to grow it with the help of seeds.
What criteria to use when choosing a grade
Strawberry is a perennial plant. When choosing a strawberry variety, it is necessary to take into account the climate conditions where it will grow. Then you should pay attention to the place where you plan to grow strawberries. Despite the fact that it grows on any soil, dark gray soil and black soil will be more comfortable for it. Also should not be planted berries, where a high level of groundwater. She has too much moisture.
On the site it is advised to plant several different varieties, and with a different period of harvest.
So, choosing strawberries for home or business should pay attention:
- For the period of ripening and harvesting strawberries.
- The type of fruit and its size.
- On the transportability of berries and their compaction.
- For reliable protection from diseases and pests.
- On the flavor of strawberries and its nutritional characteristics.
- On the quality of seedlings.
- Resistance to drought and cold.
Popular strawberry varieties: short descriptions
The most popular strawberry varieties on the market include:
- Zenga Zengan. Berries of this variety are used for freezing. Fruits of rather big sizes. Brought this variety in Germany.
- Queen Elizabeth is the best kind of remontant strawberry. Fruits twice a year. Grows on any soil.
- An early type is the Clery strawberry variety, which is easily transported.
- Strawberry Miracle Likhonosova. The sort name of the variety speaks for itself. Yes, this is a real miracle, this berry can be collected constantly.
Parameters and requirements for the best varieties of strawberries
From the point of view of industrial gardening, strawberry is a profitable berry. It reproduces quickly and well, does not require significant investments, as in fruit growing, for example, cultivation of cherry and apple orchards, berry bushes. But every summer resident, who grows this wonderful berry on two or three beds, knows that to get a crop, at least in a bowl of jam, it is necessary to faithfully care for each bush. And the level and quantity of June bliss depends on how well the varieties of strawberries are chosen.
Consider what properties should have the best varieties of strawberries for home gardens.
- Productivity and size. From a good bush going to a kilogram of berries, and in the first harvest, they should weigh 50-70 grams.
- Taste and aroma. For a balanced taste, strawberry fruits should contain a sufficient amount of sugars and acids and have a recognizable aroma not only in smell, but also in taste.
- The consistency, that is, the density of the fruit and the tenderness of the skin. From these parameters depends on the keeping quality of strawberries and the ability to protect themselves from slugs and rot.
- Resistance to the disease, pests, freezing and not demanding of natural factors - the composition and fertility of the soil, acid-base balance, etc.
For industrial cultivation of strawberry two more factors are important:
- one-dimensionality and roundness (without the “white ass”),
- simultaneous ripening.
To the summer gardener the other characteristics are more interesting:
- exceptional ripening - super early and late,
- originality - remontant species and plants of ampelous type with berries on the whiskers are welcome. The latest varieties of fruit year round, they grow right at home in pots.
Of course, all the excellent parameters can not be combined in one variety of strawberries. According to practicing gardeners, the best varieties of strawberries are gaining no more than 90% on a 100 point scale. However, they should be considered when choosing the most suitable seedlings.
The most reliable strawberry for the summer resident of Moscow
Let's start with the tested varieties, which may not have the excellent qualities of the newest breeding samples, but not be afraid of the climatic foci of average Russia and guarantee the harvest in any conditions. Timeless classics tested on their own experience. My childhood, ruined on a plot with strawberries, gives me the right to judge the value and correlation of time and result.
Advice from Zoya Bukhteyeva: In the suburbs you should not choose early varieties for planting in open ground, because the traditional frosts at the end of May fall at the very time of flowering and can generally deprive you of the harvest.
Beauty Zagorje - the old, proven variety of domestic selection, the result of crossing varieties Mysovka and Komsomolskaya Pravda. It conquers with high winter hardiness and good yield, slugs and powdery mildew are indifferent to it, but the rains, which are traditional during the harvest period, turn into gray rot. The berries ripen at the end of June, in the first collection of medium-large, 35-40 g, elongated and oval in shape, slightly ribbed with a shiny dark red skin. The flesh is dense, very juicy, with a dessert taste and a pleasant aroma.
Disadvantage: "Demanding on the conditions of cultivation" - write the sellers in the description. Verily! And the mustache forms in large quantities.
Festival - very stable and winter-hardy variety, bred, as the name suggests, in the late 50s of the last century. Mid-season. The berries are dark red, there are huge, flattened, with grooves, for my taste, somewhat dryish inside. After the first wave of the crop are shallow. Gray rot is not afraid and calmly endure rainy seasons. Can be planted in lace shade.
Pineapple - amazingly pleasant berry for lovers of light fruit. It does not have a bright, pronounced taste, sugary sweetness, or sourness, but is very fragrant. The berries are soft, light-pink, with a delicate skin. Growing pineapple strawberries in the shade means giving a crop to slugs and gray rot. Only in open areas and without special harvest. Exclusively to feast on.
Zanga Zengana - late cultivation. The berries are dark red, round, slightly flattened on top, like a hat of a young mushroom, shiny, very juicy. Small - the largest berries do not exceed the walnut. It begins to bear fruit after the main flow, but it is valuable not only for this, but also for its stunning taste, combining all the colors of the late summer: the taste of raspberries, blackberries, and, of course, the sun is felt in it. Sweet Slugs almost do not touch, gray rot, too. Whiskers are few, leaves are dark green.
What is it called
There is a tradition among the people to call the whole garden berry strawberries, and the wild-growing strawberries. But in the garden centers and in the special literature there are other definitions.
Strawberry - the "popular" name of the strawberry.
Muscat strawberry is a low-yielding and small-fruited relative of the strawberry. Differs in incredibly fragrant tender berries, almost does not suffer from gray decay.
Zemklunik - hybrids bred by breeders between garden strawberries and nutmeg strawberries. They give very fragrant berries, cultivated by the same technology as garden strawberries (but preferably on a separate plot).
Small-fruited strawberries (for example, variety Alexandria) - A relative of the strawberry forest. Unpretentious plant, often with repeated fruiting.
White strawberries - varieties of re-fruiting garden or small-fruited strawberries with white berries.
Curly (she cascade) strawberry - exists only on advertising images. In reality, no one saw her.
Modern varieties of garden strawberries, from early to late - we will not advise the bad!
I am writing this section based on the recommendations of strawberry producers who are simultaneously testing modern varieties in Meshchera.
Nowadays, they have not heard of varieties that some farms and distributors, such as strawberries Moscow delicacy, Black Prince, Marshal, Japanese Chamora Turusi or mythical Victoria. The State Register of Breeding Achievements includes 73 varieties of strawberry, allowed to reproduce in Russia according to test results, and the names listed above do not appear there. It doesn’t say anything: just recently a remontant strawberry variety was included in the registry Yoshkarolinka, created at the Volga Technological University in the early 2000s.
For clarity: the presence of a plant of a certain variety in the State Register of breeding achievements means that seeds and seedlings are allowed to be imported and sold on the territory of Russia. Otherwise, the seizure of the unlawful product may follow, and the deal (for example, with an online store) may be broken.
In the Moscow region, sweet strawberries are especially appreciated, with a “caramel” flavor, but one should not give up “sweet and sour” varieties that are very suitable for jam and other cooking. In addition, some sweet varieties without sourness are considered by some not sufficiently saturated to taste and “empty”.
Here is a selection of the most popular and high-yielding varieties according to experienced producers of strawberries and its seedlings.
Kimberly - It is considered the best variety of very early ripening of Dutch origin. Very large and sweet berries with a "caramel" flavor, up to 50 g, cone-shaped. Winter-hardy, resistant to powdery mildew, not picky about fertile soil.
Maryshka - a well-known mid-early domestic variety, one of the sweetest. The berries are large, about 50 g, but with an insufficient level of refreshing acid and do not have the “power of taste”. The fruits are soft, with a delicate skin. Differs in unsurpassed climatic stability and protection from diseases. It multiplies quickly due to the abundantly growing mustache.
Shelf - variety with very large sweet rounded dark red dense berries. Not all young saplings endure winter, but those who stay will reward a hundredfold. It grows into a large sprawling bush, for which you need to allocate a lot of space, bears fruit for a long time, you can harvest several times in July. The whiskers are small, growing in the lace shade.
Maxim or Gigantella Maxim - the most large-fruited variety of medium maturity. Dutch breeders have created a plant with powerful bushes, mustaches and stalks as thick as a pencil. Very large, up to 110-125 g berries, slightly flattened on the sides, dense, dryish. Prefers bright places, not very winter-resistant, like most Dutch species. Throws away many mustaches that need to be removed to get a good harvest. The adult bush of Gigantella demands about 50 cm of free space, but also does not give a harvest of less than a kilogram.
Black swan - also large-fruited variety, up to 70 g, late ripening. It is famous for its fragrant taste, sweet. Berry is loose and dry, because large, but without voids. Fruits until mid-August, you can plant in the shade.
Council from Zoya Bukhteyeva: Light strawberries should be planted in the sun, red can be in the shade.
Original strawberry varieties - repair, ampelous, curly
Gardeners and pulls to grow on your site something special. White strawberries, without a cake or, on the contrary, ampelous, with berries on a mustache - all this exotic pleases the soul, but not the stomach or the wallet. However, it is impossible to ignore such varieties.
I am wary of remontant strawberry varieties. It is not enough for me to take care of the plot in June-July, so if you please, from May to September, you can spin around the oversight breeders! In addition, unattended, remontant varieties quickly intersect with strawberries, shrink, degenerate and fill their best places with their whiskers, displacing the decent inhabitants of the strawberry plot. Nevertheless, “advanced” gardeners wonders of wonders, so it makes sense to follow the advice of experienced professionals.
Queen Elizabeth 2 - remontant variety with very large berries of conical slightly flattened shape, some of them with an average apple - 100-110 g, bright red color, the flesh is dense. A very original look of "winter" strawberries, in which already formed buds hibernate - hence the very early fruiting. The advertised "hit of the season-2010" does not tolerate drought and cannot boast of exquisite taste.
Russian size - very popular in the mailing variety, but by experimenters and gardeners is estimated at C grade. The taste is not sweet enough, the berries are not much larger than the usual remontant strawberries. Usually more than 3 years it does not hold, preferring foreign varieties.
Merlan - it could be called an ornamental plant of ampelous type for cultivation in hanging baskets, but it has a surprisingly pleasant taste. Original compact bushes with pink inflorescences bear fruit 10 months a year in an apartment or from May to October in the country. It seems to be unassuming to care. I do not understand why pots with such types of strawberries are not hung with city apartments?
Garland - curly variety, intermediate variety between ampelous and remontany strawberries: gives berries on whiskers, fruits all summer, but berries are large, quite tasty, juicy. It is grown both on the ground, on beds, and in a suspended form.
Hopefully, guided by this article, you will find for yourself the very variety that is simply meant for growing on your plot and will bring you much joy in the summer and little hassle in the spring and autumn.
What sort of strawberries to choose
The perfect variety does not exist! It is better not to bet on one name, but to keep on the site several varieties and varieties of garden strawberries.
Mid-season varieties (Borovitskaya, Bogota, Cinderella and others) the most fruitful. They will be an excellent dessert, but at the same time suitable for transportation and any culinary processing. We advise you to inhabit such varieties up to a third of the plantation area.
The repair strawberry first serves as a support for early varieties. The second wave of the harvest comes after the berries of the "classics" have already moved away. Typically, these varieties give 20-25% of the area of strawberry plantings.
Queen Elizabeth 2
This variety was bred by Russian breeders, and it is their pride. Such a plant for the season gives 2 crops. So, the berries collected from the first harvest, have not quite the correct form, and they are collected in June. The second form berries have the correct form, they are harvested in the month of July. The fruits of this hybrid plant are excellent for transportation, and they can be frozen and stored in a freezer.
Mara de bois
Such a hybrid plant was born for a long time, or rather, in 1991, thanks to breeders from France. The shape of the bushes, as well as the berries is quite unusual and quite spectacular - rounded. The main positive qualities of this class is its high frost resistance. So, after wintering, this variety dies no more than 5 percent of all plantings. The berries are very sweet and therefore they are just perfect for small children.
The best large-fruited strawberry varieties
This variety is early ripening, and it differs from all the others by its very large fruits. So, only 1 berry can weigh about 100 grams. The plant is highly resistant to a large number of diseases, but on hot days it can cause burns on the bush. Shrubs have an average size, form a very large number of antennae, and what is important, they take root very well.
This variety is considered mid-season. It was brought from America. Bushes in this variety have a very large height, and they also have a strong root system. Victoria's berries have a very dense flesh and a characteristic aroma that can be recognized even from afar.
This variety is considered the most ancient. So, he appeared in 1890, and this is thanks to the efforts of Marshall Yuell. The bushes are rather high and have many long whiskers. The root system is very developed and strong. This garden strawberry is highly resistant to fungal diseases, as well as to sudden changes in temperature. Shiny fruits are very similar in shape to scallops. The taste has a quite noticeable sourness.
This early ripe hybrid plant appeared in Japan. The bushes are very high and quite strong. During the period of fruit ripening, the beds with this plant look very impressive. Berries can rightly be called gigantic, as very often they have a mass of about 100 grams.
Do not be afraid to experiment with varieties, and you are sure to choose the one that suits your summer cottage or garden plot the best.
This strawberry variety is early ripe. Bred in Holland. The shrubs are small with the same small bright green leaves. Also, the bush does not form many antennae, so that the plant grows compact. Fruits are medium sized. The mass of berries can reach 25 grams. The shape of the berries is a bit like a heart. In addition to the interesting shape of the berries have excellent taste. Sweet caramel taste with a touch of sourness to please everyone. The ability to withstand cold is low, but disease resistance is moderate. Under normal climatic conditions does not require special care. But the plant does not tolerate a sudden change in temperature.
This early ripe variety of strawberries is a creation of Italian gardeners. The bushes of the plant are small, and the leaves have a dark, green color. The main quality for which gardeners love him is frost resistance. In addition, the variety is immune to all known diseases. Another distinctive feature is the identity of the berries. Almost all berries are the same size and perfect conical shape. They have a pleasant and strong aroma, and the taste is exceptional, sweet.
Italian selectors brought this variety in the middle of the last decade. One of the best varieties is considered to be due to powerful roots that easily survive severe frosts. This allows you to grow the plant in almost all regions of Russia, even on open ground. After sudden frosts, bushes can dry out and re-grow in a short time. The plant is particularly resistant to fungal and soil diseases. Another feature of the berry is the form. It has an interesting shape of a wide fan. In addition, the average hardness of the pulp is something like a watermelon. Taste due to its high sugar content is excessively sweet.
Yield varieties average. From one bush you can get 1.5-2.5 kilograms of berries. Portability to transportation is high. Stored without freezing for one to two months in a cool temperature.
Quite old and popular strawberry variety. It was bred in the middle of the last century by Dutch gardeners. Differs in early maturity. However, the plant does not tolerate frosts and sudden weather changes. Because of this, it is recommended to grow it exclusively in greenhouses. Shrubs grow small, tendrils and branches have little. But at the same time the berries are large, juicy. Possess a pleasant and exceptional dessert taste. The fruit tastes equally sweet and sour. However, the combination is so harmonious that one wants to eat without ceasing. In addition, the berries have the shape of a wide cone, because of what they look just great. This commodity quality coupled with high portability of transportation make this strawberry one of the best commercial varieties.
California breeders who brought this great variety of strawberries tried their best. The plant lives well even with strong heat. Bushes and leaves grow large and spreading, in the shade of which large, medium-rich red berries ripen. Grade ripening gradual. During the entire period from May to the end of summer, more than 2 kilograms of berries can be obtained from each plant. Of course, compliance with the standards of agrotechnical care of plants is necessary.
But the bushes have a strong resistance to disease. However, do not tolerate frost. Therefore, it is better to plant it in April, when already unexpected frosts are in the past. Or grow seedlings in a greenhouse.
American variety of garden strawberries, which next year will be no less than 20 years. During this time, strawberries managed to win a considerable number of fans on both sides of the Atlantic. Fruits of Diamond of medium size, tasty, fragrant.
Shrubs are practically not affected by powdery mildew, mottling, verticillus and root rot.
The flesh of this strawberry variety is very juicy, fresh and sweet. With 10 square meters. m can collect up to 55 kg. Large berry about 20 grams in weight, round shape, scarlet color. Its origin variety Evie 2 obliged English selection of Kent. Differs in good drought resistance.