Variety for lovers of early harvests
- Fact: The variety is not too whimsical in care, resistant to many diseases and weather conditions.
- Fact 2: Tomatoes grow well under film cover and in the open air. They perfectly tolerate temperature extremes and lack of moisture.
- Fact 3: The variety does not lose its taste during heat treatment. Suitable for cooking tomato juice and preserving.
- Fact 4: A significant drawback of the "Early Love" - a small yield.
This is also interesting!
“Early Love” is another variety for “lazy” summer residents. He is not too whimsical in care, resistant to many diseases and weather conditions. Tomatoes are versatile in use. Saturated with sugars, acids and vitamins. They make delicious juices, pastes and preparations for the winter.
The variety was bred by Russian breeders at the end of the 20th century. It is distinguished by early maturity and remarkable product characteristics. Tomatoes grow well under film cover and in the open air. They perfectly tolerate temperature extremes and lack of moisture. On the street beds they can be grown in the southern regions. In the north - only in the greenhouse.
“Early Love” is a determinant, non-standardized plant. Under favorable conditions, its height can reach 2 m. Under normal conditions, it is 1.8 m. It is recommended to form a stem in 2-3 stems. Tie up to a vertical support.
The grade is universal in application. Well established itself as the basis for vegetable dishes. Does not lose taste during heat treatment. Suitable for cooking tomato juice and preserving.
Ripe tomatoes become saturated bright red color. They have a rounded, slightly ribbed shape. Their weight is not very big - from 80 to 130 g. Even with very good care from one bush collect no more than 2 kg. Given the height of the plant, not the best indicator.
- wonderful taste,
- long shelf life
- universality of use
- the possibility of growing throughout the territory of the Russian Federation,
- disease resistance.
A significant drawback of the "Early Love" - a small yield. Only 5–6 kg with 1 m 2. In addition, the plant is very demanding on the composition of fertilizers in a period of growth.
"Early love" is grown in the usual way for tomatoes - seedlings:
- in the middle or end of March they prepare the seeds and the soil,
- sow the seeds by 1.5–2 cm in the soil mixture (turf ground, river sand, humus, peat),
- after germination loosen and gently watered
- conduct a pick in the phase of 1-2 true leaves,
- in the middle of May or the beginning of June they land on the summer cottage.
After the appearance of the first inflorescence begin the formation of the stem. This is necessary for higher yields. At the growth stage, the variety responds well to top dressing with potassium or phosphorus. These minerals stimulate the growth of roots, the formation and development of fruits. Potassium increases resistance to fluctuations in temperature and disease.
When the first ovaries appear on the branches, the number of dressings is reduced to 1 time in 2-3 weeks. Bring only organic mixture - mullein, bird droppings. Watered with green slurry. The plant has very weak branches and trunk. Therefore, tying and installation of supports is necessary.
“Early love” is not afraid of many diseases, with the exception of fomoz (rotting of the stem, leaves, green fruits). If such a problem occurs, remove the affected parts. Remaining process drug "Hom". Get rid of pests help modern insecticides.
Characteristics of the variety
With the tomato “Early Love” you will get a harvest already for 90-100 days after seed germination. Tomato bushes tall 1.8-2 meters, not stem type. During the growing season it is necessary to stepchild and tie up to the support. The variety is resistant to cracking of fruits, does not undergo late blight.
Ripe tomatoes are red-pink color. The skin is dense, shiny. The fruits are firmly attached to the tail of the stem. The shape of the tomatoes is round. Weigh an average of 80-95 grams. If you cut a tomato, you can see 3-4 seed chambers. The dense structure of the pulp allows you to transport tomatoes over long distances. If stored in a cool place, their keeping quality increases.
The state register states that the best harvest can be obtained in the South of Russia. Planted in the middle and northern zone of the plant is recommended under the film shelters. Ripe fruits are great for whole-canning. Productivity is low, from one bush can be collected only up to 2 kg.
Tips for growing tomato "Early Love"
- The growing process begins with the preparation of a greenhouse or greenhouse, where you will grow seedlings. The tomato is a thermophilic plant, therefore the air temperature should be at the level of + 20-26 degrees during the day, and at night + 18-19 degrees.
- The soil in the greenhouse should be loose. For friability, peat or rotted sawdust is introduced into the ground.
- In the soil there are many pathogenic bacteria that reduce the immunity of the plant or completely destroy it. To protect the plant, treat the soil with a biological preparation "Trichodermin." It will decontaminate the soil, increase the immunity of the tomato.
- Sow the seeds in a well-warmed and moist soil. Depth of planting should not exceed 2 centimeters. Keep the distance between the seeds of 2-3 cm., It is not necessary to thicken the future seedlings, so as not to produce a pick.
- Seedlings can be planted at 45-50 days after seed germination.
- The wells are fertilized with wood ash or mineral supplements (“Nitrophoska”, “Diammofoska”).
- Planted seedlings should be at a slight angle.
- When the plant begins to gain green mass, it is necessary to tie it to the support, stepson shoots. Form a tomato in 2-3 stalks.
- Variety "Early Love" is under attack fomoz. To cure the plant, use the drug "Hom", the affected fruits are disrupted and destroyed.
- Tomato is very often attacked by such pests as: moth, sawflies, whitegrass, Colorado potato beetle. You can get rid of the Colorado potato beetle with the help of Konfidor, and Lepidocid will help you from the moth, whitefish, and sawflies.
- Water the tomatoes need every five to seven days.
- Weed in time weeds, so as not to attract insects that are carriers of various viruses.
Marina Semenovna, 41 years old.
The variety “Early Love” was liked for its unpretentiousness to the conditions, but the yield for a tall tomato was very small. The fruits really ripen early. Their mass is small, great for canning in cans or barrel. It tastes nice. I am satisfied with the tomato, but I would like higher yields.
Nina Ivanovna, 63 years old.
I live in the middle lane of our big country. Most of the tomatoes are grown in the greenhouse. Variety "Early Love" planted under the film cover. Bushes formed in two stems, when the plant reached a height of 1.5 meters, I had to pinch the top, because the greenhouse is only two meters in height. The harvest was small, upset, to be honest, because it could have planted another, more productive variety. Pleased with the taste of the fruit. I recommend to try it only because of the taste, unpretentiousness in the care, good keeping quality. I will not plant this tomato anymore.
Description and characteristics of tomato
The description begins with the fact that the variety belongs to the determinant, not standard. Tomato can reach a height of 200 centimeters, but this is not the limit. Ripe fruits, from the moment the seedlings are planted in the ground, you need to wait no more than 100 days. The variety is grown in open field or greenhouse.
Ripe tomatoes are resistant to cracking and have good immunity against pests and diseases. Among gardeners there is another name for this variety of tomatoes - "for the lazy." Ripe tomatoes are rich red in color, rounded in shape. The average weight of a tomato is 85-95 grams.
Due to the dry matter that is contained in tomatoes in sufficient quantities, the fruits are well stored and can be transported over long distances. This description does not end there.
Growing a variety of tomatoes Early love should take place in a warm climate. Therefore, it is recommended for cultivation in the southern regions of our country. In all the others, cultivation is possible in the presence of a polyethylene cover.
Eating ripe tomatoes is the most diverse. They can be canned, pickled in containers, and also made into excellent salads. It should also be said that excellent tomato juice is obtained from the fruit.
As for the yield, then with one bush you can get no more than 2 kilograms of tomato. It is recommended to plant on more than 3 bushes per 1 square meter.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety Early Love
The description and characteristics also include the disadvantages and positives of the tomato. So, from the positive qualities of this variety emit:
- early maturation
- immunity to disease
- canning fruits in general form
- excellent taste
- unpretentiousness in cultivation and care.
Of course, like another species, the Early Love tomato variety has disadvantages:
- low fruiting
- weak branch structure
- At the developmental stage, the plant is capriciously concerned with fertilization.
Pests and diseases
Variety tomato has good resistance to diseases and pests. But this does not mean that all problems will pass by. It is imperative to implement preventive measures.
- If the cultivation takes place in a greenhouse, then it is necessary to pay attention to watering and regular ventilation.
- Remove the fruits affected by the fomoses in a timely manner and treat the bushes with the “Chom” preparation.
- Excellent tool "Lepidocide" will help you in the fight against earthly pests.
- Using the Prestige tool will help you eliminate the Colorado potato beetle.
Early ripe tomato variety Early love is ideal for gardeners without growing experience. Care for tomato elementary. You just need to follow some rules to get a tasty harvest. Before planting, you need to study the description that will help you in the future maintenance of the plant.
Fruits are flat-rounded, in the stage of maturity of pink color, weighing 90-200 grams, sweet, tasty. These tomatoes are good for fresh consumption, making juices, sauces. Small fruits are suitable for salting and canning.
Variety Early love due to its early ripeness has time to give the crop before the onset of the phytophtora. Resistant to Fusarium, Verticillus, TMV.
The variety "Early Love" was obtained by Russian specialists in 1999. Received state registration as recommended for open ground and greenhouse shelters in 2001. Since that time, it has become popular with owners of high greenhouses and farmers due to its high marketability.
For better yield, this type of tomato is best grown in the southern regions, if we talk about unprotected soil. In film shelters it bears fruits well in the middle belt areas. In more northern regions it is grown up in greenhouses.
Tomatoes a grade Early love very well are suitable for whole-fruit conservation and barrel salting. Use them fresh, they can serve as decoration for any table. Thanks to a good combination of acids and sugars, these tomatoes make a very tasty and healthy juice.
With careful care from one bush can get up to 2 kg of fruit. With a recommended planting density of 3 bushes per square meter. m is 6 kg. The result is modest, especially for such a giant.
With the yield of other varieties you can see in the table:
History of creation
Russian breeders at the end of the last century brought a new variety, which was previously called the Early Love. Then a couple of years this tomato was tested at the state level, and in 2001 was officially registered. Recommended for cultivation in vegetable gardens and in unheated greenhouses.
In order to get the maximum possible yield from the bushes of tomatoes of this variety in the beds in the garden, it is better to plant a tomato in the southern warm regions.
In the Volga region, the Moscow region, the middle lane is recommended to grow a tomato under a film coating. In cold areas, tomatoes Early love is grown only in greenhouses.
Description of the variety should begin with a story about the bushes. Bushes determinant type, non-standard. In height can reach 1.7 - 1.9 m, and in the south the height of tomato stems Early love can be 2 meters. This variety belongs to the early ripening - it takes about 3 months from the appearance of the first shoots to the beginning of the harvest.
The shoots are well leafy, the leaves have the usual shape for tomatoes, dark green color and medium size. Ovaries are collected in racemes of inflorescences, in each brush matures up to 4 - 5 tomatoes.
Ripened fruits of raspberry-red color, medium size, weight up to 90 g. Each tomato has no more than 4 chambers with seeds, the shape of the fruits is round, with slight ribbing. The skin is of average density, practically does not crack.
The appearance and taste of the varieties are excellent. The yield is small - usually not more than two kilograms of ripe tomatoes are collected from each bush.
Characteristics of the variety will be incomplete without mentioning the high immunity of the tomato to diseases. Shrubs practically do not affect the most common diseases and harmful insects, the tomato has a high immunity to phytophthora. Ripe fruits can be stored for a long time in a cool place, withstand long-term transportation.
Tomatoes are used in whole preservation: pickled and salted in barrels, it turns out very tasty tomato juice. Tomatoes are eaten fresh, added to vegetable salads.
What are the pros and cons
The positive qualities of the variety include:
- rapid maturation,
- high resistance to major diseases
- the ability to close the entire fruit,
- excellent commercial quality and excellent taste of ripe fruits,
- ease of care for growing bushes of tomatoes.
Of the minuses should be noted low yields, weak shoots, and demands on a particular type of dressing during the period of growth.
Features of cultivation, planting and care
Sowing seeds for seedlings spend 55-60 days before the proposed planting in the ground. Landing pattern to a permanent place in the ground 50 x 40 cm, density - up to 6 plants per 1 square. m
Yield - up to 4 kg of fruits from 1 bush (subject to agrotechnology, the presence of watering and fertilizing).
Tomatoes Early love video
If you grew tomatoes Early love, please write whether you liked them or not. What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? How do you rate the resistance of this variety to disease? Briefly describe the advantages and disadvantages of this tomato in your opinion. If possible, attach to a comment photo of the whole bush or individual fruits grown by you.
Your feedback on tomato. Early love and additions to the description will help many gardeners to evaluate this variety more objectively and decide whether to plant it or not.
“Early Love” is a Russian variety of tomatoes. He was bred by Altai breeders in 1999, and therefore well known to domestic gardeners. Initially, the variety was intended for cultivation in personal household farms, it is not productive enough for industrial production.
As you know, tomatoes are divided into indeterminate (growing throughout the season) and determinant (which stop their growth after reaching a certain height)."Early love" is usually referred to as determinant varieties, however, some agronomists believe that it would be more correct to call this plant semi-determinant, because its bushes manage to achieve quite impressive sizes before stopping. Distinctive features of the variety are as follows:
- the height of a bush can reach two meters, although in conditions of too warm climate, its growth usually stops at 170–190 cm, and in the absence of good care it barely reaches 1 meter,
- bush is not standard, potato type, that is, consists of a thin stem and several brushes,
- the foliage is dense, the leaves themselves are small or medium in size, standard shape and bright dark green color,
- the inflorescence is simple, the stem has joints, the ovary is formed in the form of a brush with the number of fruits from four to five.
Among the absolute advantages of a variety that distinguishes it favorably from “competitors”, the following should be highlighted:
- no need for pinching,
- early ripening,
- high resistance to many pests and fungal infections, in particular, to late blight,
- universal purpose of fruits: suitable for eating raw, salting whole and making juice,
- high taste of tomatoes,
- good storage capacity and crop transportability,
- unpretentiousness, resistance to temperature fluctuations and drought.
- low yield,
- the need to tie up and shape a bush
- weak shoots
- high demands on feedings during the growing season.
Selection of seedlings
The best way to get quality seedlings is to grow them yourself. But if there is no such possibility, it is possible to purchase and ready, it is very desirable to have for this purpose a “trusted source”, that is, a well-known person who values his reputation and will not sell deliberately low-quality goods.
Choosing seedlings, you need to understand that even a specialist will not be able to distinguish by appearance the variety of the future plant. Therefore, the rules for choosing seedlings are the same for all tomatoes, and it remains to rely only on the honest word of the seller regarding their varietal affiliation. So, you can buy tomato seedlings, in which:
- about the same size
- bush height does not exceed 30 cm (less possible),
- stem diameter is about 0.5 cm,
- the stem and leaflets are strong, not wilted and not elongated,
- branches are not too long (the first sign of lack of hardening),
- leaves, including cotyledon, dark green, fresh and not dried,
- the number of leaves, excluding cotyledons, ranges from three to six,
- there are no flowers (the presence of a flower brush is not a problem, even if it is good, but the flowers should not be revealed),
- there are no signs of damage, breakage, torn leaves, rotting, blackening, yellowing, drying, pest larvae (it is necessary to inspect the inside of the leaf) and other problematic points,
- roots are not open (it is better to buy seedlings in separate cups).
Video: How to choose the best seedlings If at least one of the bushes presented for sale does not meet any of the specified criteria, this indicates a violation of its cultivation technology. It is not necessary to select healthy bushes, choose another seller.
Tomato "Early Love" can be grown both in open ground and in greenhouses.
The variety produces the best yields in warm areas: the southern regions of Russia, Ukraine, etc., but under the film it feels great in the middle lane. In more severe climatic conditions, "Early Love" should be planted only in closed and insulated greenhouses. For the cultivation of any varieties of tomatoes should choose the most sunny areas, because in the shade the fruit of this culture is very slowly picking up color, and for the early variety it is completely unacceptable, since it completely eliminates its main advantage - the soonest harvest. Besides, Grown in the shade tomatoes are usually noticeably sour.
Strong differences between day and night temperatures, as well as a dramatic change in the weather in general, tolerate tomatoes very hard, and although it is believed that “Early Love” is resistant to such an ordeal, you should not flatter yourself - it’s just a little higher security by some other varieties.
The temperature conditions for the thermophilic "Early Love" require the following:
The optimum air humidity for growing a variety is 45–60%. If this indicator is exceeded, the probability of the fungal diseases of the plant increases dramatically, too dry air leads to the drying of the green part of the bush, first of all the leaves and flower brushes.
Tomatoes prefer sandy or loamy neutral soil. The optimum pH level is in the range from 5 to 6, the maximum allowable is 6.5.
Seed preparation and planting
You can grow “Early Love” in two ways - through seedlings and by direct sowing in open ground. The first method for early tomatoes is more preferable, because it allows you to get a harvest at least a month and a half earlier.
Seeds are sorted as follows:
- A pinch of salt is poured into a glass of water at room temperature and mixed until completely dissolved.
- Then the contents of a bag of seeds are poured into the water and shaken well.
- Seeds that have not fallen to the bottom for seven minutes and continue to float on the surface are carefully removed and discarded, because the embryo has already died in them.
- "Grandmother's methods" - a solution of potassium permanganate, aloe juice, etc.,
- modern drugs, for example, Fitosporin, which not only destroys pathogenic microflora, but also stimulates the development of the future plant, which is particularly relevant with regard to the low-yielding variety "Early Love". 4 drops of the preparation are diluted in a glass of slightly warm water, seeds are placed in this water for 24 hours and then immediately planted.
Planting “Early Love” on seedlings should be around the end of March so that by the time of transplantation into the open ground the bushes do not outgrow.
The landing process is as follows:
- The prepared container (the best option is a cassette for seedlings) is filled with the prepared soil mixture by about 2/3, then the germinated seeds are laid out directly on the soil surface, and a thin, no more than 10 mm layer of soil mixed with peat is poured over the soil.
- Before germination, the container is covered with a film, after emergence of shoots the shelter is removed, and the seedlings are moved to a cooler place for a week.
- After the formation of the first pair of true leaves, the seedlings dive into separate cups and grow to the desired stage.
- Tomatoes should be planted in a prepared, dug, cleared of weeds and a fertilized bed to a depth of 25 cm. The recommended planting scheme is three bushes per square meter.
Immediately after the landing, "Early Love" needs a lot of moisture:
- If the weather is dry, young seedlings should be watered regularly, and when the bushes are finally strengthened, the number of irrigations can be reduced (as already mentioned, the variety is designed to tolerate short breaks in irrigation normally).
- To retain moisture in the roots, you can use the hilling method, "Early Love" responds to this procedure with great gratitude.
- At the moment of the beginning of the setting of the fruits, it is necessary to water the “Early Love” at least every other day, keeping this regime until the end of fruiting.
- The drip irrigation system allows you to make this process as economical as possible in terms of water consumption and labor costs. In addition to the lack of need to do the irrigation itself, this technology also makes the loosening procedure unnecessary, which is mandatory for regular irrigation in order to avoid drying out and cracking the soil. Another advantage of drip irrigation is the ability to irrigate at any convenient time, including a bright sunny day, while ordinary irrigation under the sun will instantly destroy tomato bushes.
If, before planting, we cover the bed with black agrofibre and plant bushes into previously prepared cuts in the fabric, the weeds will not grow through the dark matter, and the bed will be absolutely clean. In this case, drip irrigation can be placed directly on top of the fiber: it is perfectly permeable to water, and the irrigation tapes will not be contaminated from contact with the soil. Another way to avoid weeding is mulching the soil around the bush.For these purposes, you can use straw, peat or needles, it is only important that the parasites' larvae, which can very quickly destroy the bush, are not kept in such material.
During the growing season, “Early Love” should be fed several times with mineral fertilizers with a high content of potassium and phosphorus, but nitrogen fertilizers should not be applied. After the start of fruiting, complex mineral fertilizers are used.
Without garter "Early love" will not give the desired harvest, as thin branches with the growth of the fruit just begin to fall to the ground. You can use separate pegs for each bush, but if the bed is large, it is better to think over the general design for the garter beforehand. To form the "Early Love" should be in 2–3 stalks. If one main trunk is left on the bush, fragile branches will be injured under the weight of tomatoes, the bush will start to hurt, and the crop will give a low one.
Disease and pest prevention
Proper agricultural technology plus the initial resistance of the variety can be expected that “Early Love” will have time to grow off without being attacked by pests or fungal infections. The main reasons why these problems arise are:
- high humidity
- watering over the leaves, especially during the sunny time of the day,
- violation of the rules of crop rotation (long-term cultivation of tomatoes or other plants of the family of solanaceous trees at the same place),
- lack of ventilation (if we are talking about growing tomatoes in a greenhouse),
- insufficiently fertile soil
- disregard of the requirements for the disinfection of seeds,
- the use of poor-quality soil when planting seedlings,
- Acquisition of seedlings already infected with diseases or pests.
Taking into account all these requirements, in fact, is the prevention of diseases and pests in tomato "Early Love". But, unfortunately, it is not always possible to completely protect a plant from unpleasant surprises.
Below are the most characteristic of them, as well as examples of drugs that will solve the problem.